And so the bad week continues. There are only two days left in the week, so a ten game deficit on the week will be near impossible to make up. The month is nearly over and this week hasn't helped it either. Come on, Friday picks!
- The Tigers over the Angels: Rick Porcello finishes off a great personal month of July with a great outing and he'll need it against Tyler Chatwood if Chatwood throws strikes like he did last time.
- The Yankees over the Orioles: Jeremy Guthrie will probably be decent but the Yankees will win despite A.J. Burnett starting.
- The Indians over the Royals: Carlos Carrasco is due for a win. He's pitched pretty well but has lost four straight. Jeff Francis goes for the Royals.
- The Nationals over the Mets: Warning! This is truly an emotional pick. Chien-Ming Wang makes his first start in forever after fighting to get his career back. This Fan has to root for him even though the Mets are extremely hot right now. Dillon Gee goes for the Mets.
- The Phillies over the Pirates: Charlie Morton won't be able to keep up with the zeroes Roy Halladay will throw today.
- The Blue Jays over the Rangers: The upset pick of the day. Predicting Colby Rasmus gets his first hit(s) with the Blue Jays and they put together an offensive show at home off of Alexi Ogando. Brett Cecil keeps the Rangers in check.
- The Giants over the Reds: Ryan Vogelsong is 8-1. How can you pick against that? Dontrelle Willis pitched well in his last outing until his manager left him in there for one inning too many.
- The Marlins over the Braves: Brandon Beachy has seen the league catch up to him. Expect at least one Marlin homer. Clay Hensley has been good as a starter for the Fish.
- The White Sox over the Red Sox: Gavin Floyd has been the hottest starter post All Star break. Tim Wakefield will give up enough runs to suit the White Sox.
- The Cardinals over the Cubs: Edwin Jackson makes his first start for the Cardinals and faces a tough Matt Garza. Both will match zeroes and the Cardinals win it late.
- The Padres over the Rockies: Jason Hammel is not having a good year. Tim Stauffer, on the other hand, is becoming an elite pitcher.
- The Athletics over the Twins: Gio Gonzalez is due for a dominating start. His left arm neutralizes several Twins' batters. Francisco Liriano is the wild card in this game though.
- The Diamondbacks over the Dodgers: The Dodgers are still tough at home but Ted Lilly has been struggling. Josh Collmenter needs a big game though.
- The Rays over the Mariners: Jeff Niemann has been terrific in his last several starts. He should continue that against the Mariners' paltry line up. Erik Bedard makes his first start back from the DL after spraining his knee.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Brewers over the Astros: Jordan Lyles is still winless for the Astros. The Brewers will have to get a good start from Randy Wolf.
Games of the Day: 74-43