Good! April is over after today. Maybe we can get a little warmth around here and around baseball! Tuesday was finally a better day after struggling for a few days. It wasn't perfect. Sabathia, Martin Perez and the Cardinals' bullpen made sure of that. But it was a much better day overall.
Two more games were postponed, so that is another reason to get April out of here. Word has it that the East Coast is due for nasty weather today, so I imagine there will be more wash outs today. But all will be picked just the same in case they get the games in.
- The Cardinals over the Brewers: The first game I have to contend with. Thanks! I've been wrong all series. Why not go for a sweep. Why, yes. Why not. Shelby Miller over Matt Garza and his thirty lost wins.
- The Tigers over the White Sox: This one seems so obvious, that there must be a catch. Baseball dictates that nothing is as easy as this pick seems. Max Scherzer is very good. Hector Noesi has already been jettisoned by two other teams just this season.
- The Angels over the Indians: The Indians have fallen and they can't get up. You can't pick that team's games like they are as good as last year, because they are not. Zach McAllister will keep it close, but C.J. Wilson wins it.
- The Phillies over the Mets: The Mets are off to a great start but this game feels like a trap. Kyle Kendrick is fairly reliable at home and you never know if you'll get the good Shrek or the bad Shrek with Bartolo Colon.
- The Orioles over the Pirates: I still think the Orioles with Chris Tillman will be better than the Pirates with Charlie Morton. A day of rain will not change that opinion.
- The Yankees over the Mariners: The weather says that this game won't happen. And that's a good thing because I don't have a whole lot of faith in David Phelps. Roenis Elias is left-handed. The Yankees like most lefties.
- The Marlins over the Braves: I don't believe in Aaron Harang. I don't believe in Aaron Harang. I don't believe in Aaron Harang. If he wins again, I will admit just how slow I am on the uptake. Nathan Eovaldi with the pick.
- The Reds over the Cubs: Whenever I don't pick Tony Cingrani I pay for it. It helps that the Cubs can't hit and that Edwin Jackson is usually accommodating.
- The Rays over the Red Sox: I am going for the upset here. Chris Archer has not had a good start except for against the Yankees. If he finds his game, he can win. Felix Doubront is a mystery to me.
- The Athletics over the Rangers: Martin Perez has been one of my go to guys and he lost. Jesse Chavez has been another. I over value the Rangers and consistently undervalue the A's. Time to catch on with reality. Robbie Ross, Jr. goes for the Rangers.
- The Dodgers over the Twins: A day later, I still think Zack Greinke beats Kyle Gibson.
- The Royals over the Blue Jays: Two really good looking young pitchers in this one, so it can go either way. I'm giving the nod to Yordano Ventura over Drew Hutchison.
- The Nationals over the Astros: Brett Oberholtzer is not nearly as bad as his 0-4 record. And Jordan Zimmermann is starting to show signs that he is regaining his mojo. Not a good combo for the Astros.
- The Rockies over the Diamondbacks: The Diamondbacks are 8-22. That's amazing. The Rockies have taken advantage of the Arizonian slide. Jordan Lyles over Josh Collmenter.
And the Game of the Day
- The Giants over the Padres: Tim Hudson has been very good and is a perfect fit in San Francisco. Robbie Erlin is inconsistent and that is hard to pick on a regular basis.
Yeterday: 9-4, Games of the Day: 12-14, Season: 224-172