Monday, April 27, 2015

MLB Game Picks - Monday: April 27, 2015

Confound it all! It took me two weeks to dig out of my early month hole and I finally did it and now I'm slipping right back down that slope! The extra-inning game thing is starting to really make me see red. I am now 0-8 in the last eight games that have gone into extra frames. How is that right? The Royals have gone flat. I'm a mess.
Monday's picks:
  • The Indians over the Royals: Is Corey Kluber going to get going? This pick is based on what kind of pitcher he is supposed to be. Jason Vargas has always been solid no matter where he has pitched.
  • The Orioles over the White Sox: Which pitcher will be worse, Hector Noesi or Ubaldo Jimenez? Good question. The Orioles will hit at least two homers.
  • The Yankees over the Bay Rays: I don't think Adam Warren will last much longer in the rotation. We'll see. The Yankees have been on a roll. The Rays keep hanging around though and Nathan Karns is getting better.
  • The Brewers over the Reds: I smell blood. Can the Brewers win two games in a row! Wouldn't that be something? I like Jimmy Nelson and am going with him today over Jason Marquis.
  • The Marlins over the Mets: The Fish had a great weekend and can continue to do some damage in the NL East here. Giancarlo Stanton has been raking and I like Jarred Cosart's fire. Dillon Gee hasn't inspired much.
  • The Nationals over the Braves: So...is there a manager crisis in Washington? What the heck is going on with this club? Doug Fister should elevate the team out of the mire today and Eric Stultz goes for the Braves.
  • The Cubs over the Pirates: I keep picking against the Cubs like they are still...the Cubs. But they are not those Cubs. Jason Hammel goes against Vance Worley and I think the Cubbies will score five runs or more.
  • The Rangers over the Mariners: Until Taijuan Walker gets better, I cannot count on him. I'll go with Yovani Gallardo instead. I'm not feeling real strong about the pick though.
  • The Tigers over the TwinsDavid Price will bounce back from his start against the Yankees and Tommy Milone should not stop the Tigers attack.
  • The Cardinals over the Phillies: Yes, the Adam Wainwright injury is a  blow to the Cardinals, but they will be okay. John Lackey has been pitching well and Cole Hamels has not. I don't think he's very inspired at the moment.
  • The Diamondbacks over the Rockies: The Rockies will keep the rotation intact after yesterday's postponement and Tyler Matzek will go today. Chase Anderson goes for the D-Backs. This is a 50/50 pick.
  • The Astros over the Padres: I have to stick with a very hot Collin McHugh even if he is going up against James Shields. The Astros will miss the DH though. Two pitchers were hurt batting this week. Can we make the DH universal please?
  • The Giants over the Dodgers: The Giants always seem to win these head to head battles between these two teams. Tim Lincecum has been pretty good. Brett Anderson is iffy for me in the Dodgers' rotation which took another hit when Brandon McCarthy left his last outing.
And the Pick of the Day:
  • The Red Sox over the Blue Jays: Watching the Red Sox without David Ortiz was kind of nice yesterday. But it was just one day. Aaron Sanchez has not pitched well and if that happens today with the Red Sox, he'll get pounded. The Jays aren't the same without Jose Bautista and it has showed. Joe Kelly goes for the Red Sox.
Yesterday: 5-10, Season: 136-143, Picks of the Day: 11-10

No comments: