Thursday, April 30, 2015

MLB Game Picks - Thursday: April 30, 2015

The Game Picks had another good day yesterday to give me a shot at finished this awful month in the black instead of the red. The only thing that annoys me is that I never pick the Yankees as the Pick of the Day and I did and they lost. Not only did they lose, but they lost in extra-innings. I am now 0-9 in the last nine games that have gone into extra frames. That's amazing.
Thursday's picks:
  • The Cardinals over the PhilliesTim Cooney, a former third-round draft pick for the Cards in 2012, makes his MLB debut tonight against the Phillies. He is a left-hander with good control. Not a combination you see a lot. He faces David Buchanan.
  • The Angels over the Athletics: Yes, I will take Garrett Richards over Jesse Chavez pretty much all the time.
  • The Braves over the Reds: The Reds will be very familiar with Shelby Miller from his days as a Cardinal. That said, I'm not a big believer in Mike Leake and think the Braves should win this one. Of course, I'm still thinking of the Braves of past years and not the new reality.
  • The Mets over the Nationals: I just can't pick Stephen Strasburg anymore. It never works out for me. And I like him too. So maybe he'll win when I don't pick him. Jacob deGrom goes for the Mets and hopes to put that Yankees game behind him.
  • The White Sox over the TwinsChris Sale is amazing. What a great pitcher! Trevor May has been pitching better. But I have to go with Sale.
  • The Tigers over the Royals: These series will be huge all season. The Royals are at home and Danny Duffy has great stuff. It doesn't always translate to wins though. Alfredo Simon is 4-0 and will be someone the Royals are not familiar with. Going with the Tigers.
  • The Astros over the MarinersJames Paxton is not having a good season thus far. The Astros are surprisingly good so far this season. Scott Feldman is a liability. I'm just going to ride the Astros for a while.
The Pick of the Day
  • The Blue Jays over the IndiansDaniel Norris was really good his last time out. So maybe he is settling into his role now. On the other hand, I think the Blue Jays' offense will be all over T.J. House.
Yesterday: 10-5, Season: 160-161, Picks of the Day: 13-11

No comments: