Wednesday, May 20, 2015

MLB Game Picks - Wednesday: May 20, 2015

Tuesday was one of my worst picking days EVER! I only picked three games out of fifteen correctly. I can use the excuse that I was short on time and was basically throwing darts. But nah, I just stunk up the joint.
Wednesday's picks:
  • The Astros over the Athletics: Gee, how can you pick against the Astros these days...or for the A's? The world is upside down and the Astros are leaving the park at an alarming rate. Dallas Keuchel vs. Jesse Hahn.
  • The Pirates over the Twins: This pick was, of course, wrong yesterday. But I'll go with it again today. I like lefties against the Twins more than the other way around and Jeff Locke has been decent most of the time. I'm not sure how Mike Pelfrey is doing what he's doing so far. There has to be a painting in his attic.
  • The Nationals over the YankeesDellin Betances won't be available for he Yankees after two innings yesterday. Adam Warren usually needs relief help, so that's not good. I think the Nats win big with Jordan Zimmermann on the mound.
  • The Orioles over the Mariners: I like this match-up for the O's. I wouldn't be surprised if they swept the series. Wei-Yin Chen should be better than Roenis Elias.
  • The Blue Jays over the Angels: This game completely depends on which Drew Hutchison shows up. If it is the good one, no problem. If not, then the Blue Jays must score a lot against Jered Weaver to not blow up this pick.
  • The Brewers over the Tigers: The Brewer bats have woken up in a big way and I think they will get to Shane Greene. Then it will depend on how much dipsy doo Kyle Lohse has tonight.
  • The Marlins over the Diamondbacks: Another former Yankee pitcher, David Phelps, goes in Miami. I like him in a big ballpark. Chase Anderson is still chasing his first win of the season.
  • The Cardinals over the MetsBartolo Colon is either brilliant or terrible. He is more often brilliant, but it is knowing when the clunkers are going to come. He had one last time out and I think he has another one tonight. Carlos Martinez could learn from him though.
  • The Bay Rays over the Braves: Raise your hand if you've ever heard of Williams Perez. Yeah, my hand is definitely not up. The Venezuelan is making his first MLB start. Let's hope it goes better than his relief work. I'll go with Jake Odorizzi.
  • The Red Sox over the Rangers: I have no faith in Joe Kelly at this point. But at least he is a known quantity. Phil Klein, on the other hand, has 18 MLB appearances, all in relief. He is the Rangers' starter. That doesn't look like a good option to me.
  • The Royals over the RedsJason Marquis and Jeremy Guthrie will see who can out-crafty the other. There won't be many strikeouts here.
  • The White Sox over the Indians: This pick didn't work out yesterday. But I like Carlos Rodon here and I think Ken Harrelson will be saying, "Put it on the board....Yes!" a lot tonight with Shaun Marcum on the mound.
  • The Phillies over the Rockies: I don't know how Severino Gonazalez will do at Coors. Then again, I don't know how Eddie Butler will do there either. Somebody has to win the game.
  • The Giants over the Dodgers: The Giants have some deal with some evil power. I know they do. The Dodgers cannot beat them in San Francisco. It is impossible. Tim Lincecum is making a strong push toward Comeback Player of the Year thus far. Brett Anderson has pitched well.
And the Pick of the Day:
  • The Padres over the Cubs: I really like Tyson Ross at home. I don't like him much on the road. But at home, he's usually very tough. For the Cubs, Tsuyoshi Wada comes off the DL to make this start. I never like those situations.
Yesterday: 3-12 (ouch), May: 124-108, Season: 288-273, Picks of the Day: 23-19

No comments: