Thursday, June 04, 2015

MLB Game Picks - Thursday: June 4, 2015

When I went to bed last night, both teams with "Los Angeles" in their names were ahead and I figured I was going to finish the day at 11-5. Both teams blew those leads in spectacular fashions and I ended up at 9-7. Bah!
A short schedule on Thursday after 33 games the previous two days. The picks:
  • The Athletics over the TigersShane Greene has been getting pounded of late, so I can't really go there. Jesse Hahn looked like an all star against the Yankees, but he isn't. But I'm thinking he'll be better than Greene.
  • The Astros over the Orioles: There is no other choice here but to stick with the hot team over the really cold team. Besides, Dallas Keuchel has become one of the game's best pitchers. Wei-Yin Chen is only 1-4 on the season but is much better than that.
  • The Red Sox over the Twins: This game is full of contradictions. The Twins are a hot team. The Red Sox are a cold team. The Red Sox do not hit lefties well. But Tommy Milone isn't much of a lefty and has been taking a beating. Steven Wright is a knuckleball pitcher and who knows how that will go. Pick one.
  • The Nationals over the CubsGio Gonzalez has been pitching a little bit better. Jake Arrieta gentille Arrieta hasn't blossomed into the star I thought he would be this year. Going with the Nats.
  • The Phillies over the Reds: I'm not picking against Aaron Harang. I'm just not. I have too much emotional damage from his wins in the past. The Reds pitch Anthony DeSclafani.
  • The White Sox over the Rangers: The hot Rangers' offense will succumb for the second straight day against a power lefty. This time it will be Chicago's Carlos Rodon, who has been most impressive. Yovani Gallardo goes for the Rangers.
  • The Mets over the Diamondbacks: The D-backs are fresh off of a bit win and Troy Tulowitzki is perhaps heating up. All that said, Matt Harvey is on the mound for the Mets and the D-backs counter with Jeremy Hellickson.
  • The Dodgers over the CardinalsCarlos Frias stifled the Cardinals the last time he faced them. But that bothers me. Michael Wacha lost his last time out but that bothers me because he is 7-1. So this pick bothers me.
  • The Rays over the Mariners: I'm not buying that trade the Mariners just made at all. A #4 and a #12 prospect for Michael Morse and Vidal Nuno!? What is Z, nuts? Apparently so. Meanwhile, the Rays have somehow turned Erasmo Ramirez into some kind of mythical creature and Roenis Elias never fills me with confidence.
And the Pick of the Day:
  • The Royals over the Indians: I got too cute with this pick yesterday. The Royals are simply the better team here. I'm not sure about super tall Chris Young, but he wins somehow. The Indians go with Trevor Bauer.
Yesterday: 9-7, June: 25-17, Season: 403-370, Picks of the Day: 31-26 (+1)

2 comments:

SFTC CHUMP said...

Enjoy your thoughts each day.

William J. Tasker said...

Thank you so much, SFTC CHUMP. I appreciate that.