At last Friday gives us our first full slate of games since Sunday. Here's how the Fan sees 'em:
- The Cubs over the Phillies: Ted Lilly should keep the Phillies bats in check while Blanton has a 6.41 ERA.
- The Tigers over the Indians: If the Tigers have any chance for the post season, they have to improve their ghastly road record and beat teams like the Indians.
- The Astros over the Pirates: Myers is having a pleasant and surprising season while Zach Duke has regressed.
- The Yankees over the Bay Rays: Yankees at home with Sabathia. Shields is something of a mystery.
- The Nationals over the Marlins: Here's a real test. Strasburg is pitching. Will any fans show up in Miami?
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: The Orioles were playing well before the break. Soon their best players will be elsewhere. Romero goes for the Jays.
- The Reds over the Rockies: The Reds have been great at home. Arroyo over Hammel.
- The Rangers over the Red Sox: Lewis should be better than Doubront, right?
- The Braves over the Brewers: The former Milwaukee team beats the current one. Hanson should be better than Wolf.
- The Royals over the Athletics: Greinke is back of late. That should be enough.
- The Cardinals over the Dodgers: The Cards are nearly unbeatable at home and the Dodgers aren't starting well in the second half.
- The Twins over the White Sox: Thinking that Liriano comes up big after getting a nice rest.
- The Mariners over the Angels: Felix Hernandez has to pitch a big game for this game to be remotely correct.
- The Giants over the Mets: Zito and Niese are a wash. The Giants are better at home than the Mets are on the road.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Padres over the Diamondbacks: The D-Backs are 13-30 on the road this season. That alone cancels out Haran and helps Garland.
Games of the Day: 45-40