But wait! The teams have all had three days off but half the teams are off one more day! What!? The wimps. So there are only seven games to consider. Here they are:
- The Braves over the Brewers: Jurrjens had a real rough outing last time, but it was really a bad inning and not the whole outing. Bush is pitching for the Brewers.
- The Rangers over the Red Sox: This pick will probably blow up in the Fan's face, but Wakefield looks his age lately and the Rangers should hit him. Hunter wasn't great last time out, but he should keep the Red Sox below what Wakefield gives up.
- The Cubs over the Phillies: The Phillies haven't announced a pitcher yet for Thursday. Dempster is pitching for the Cubs. The Phillies are just under .500 on the road. The Cubs do better at home.
- The White Sox over the Twins: Danks has been fantastic lately. Slowey hasn't been.
- The Dodgers over the Cardinals: The Cardinals haven't announced a pitcher yet. The Dodgers pitch Kershaw, which should be enough.
- The Mariners over the Angels: No pitcher announced for the Angels. The Mariners are going with Fister, who has had a good year.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Giants over the Mets: Lincecum should be terrific and Dickey should bend enough to give the Giants the win.
[[cracking knuckles]] That felt good. Enough idleness now.