There are only two days left in this week and the picks have to be good to at least break even this week!
- The Red Sox over the Yankees: Several factors point to a Red Sox win. First, they are finally home with their opener this afternoon. Two, they usually hit Phil Hughes pretty well and lastly, they are simply due for a win. Lackey goes for the Red Sox.
- The Tigers over the Royals: The Tigers also have their home opener today. Scherzer over Davies. Scherzer will have to be on his game though as the Tigers' bullpen is a mess.
- The Twins over the Athletics: The Twins open at home with Carl Pavano. The Athletics are struggling offensively and won't give Anderson enough runs to work with.
- The Mets over the Nationals: Zimmerman has been quiet so far, which doesn't help Zimmermann, who pitched well his first time out but still got the loss. R. A. Dickey still continues to confound oppositions.
- The Cardinals over the Giants: Both teams have struggled out of the gate. Going with Westbrook over Sanchez, but not overly filled with confidence as the Giants are home.
- The Rockies over the Pirates: Ohlendorf pitched pretty well his first start, but he can't seem to get wins. De La Rosa looks fabulous early this season.
- The Astros over the Marlins: The Marlins have to be the most unpredictable team on the planet. Nolasco starts in Houston against Wandy Rodriguez. Wandy's always been the Fan's man.
- The Orioles over the Rangers: The Rangers are due for a loss. Colby Lewis has a career ERA against the Orioles of over 6.00. Britton is a young lefty that should shut down the Rangers' attack.
- The Braves over the Phillies: Great pitching match up of Cliff Lee versus Tim Hudson. Going with Hudson at home.
- The Cubs over the Brewers: Zambrano wasn't exactly sharp his first time out. But neither was Wolf. Going with Zambrano and the Cubs.
- The Rays over the White Sox: The Fan doesn't have any choice but to keep picking the Bay Rays until they win. Shields looks much better this year. He wins over Danks in Chicago.
- The Reds over the Diamondbacks: Have to go with Wood over Kennedy. Though the Red have to lose some time this year.
- The Dodgers over the Padres: The pitching match up seems even with Lilly versus Richard. Going with the Dodgers' better offense in San Diego.
- The Blue Jays over the Angels: Riding the Drabek wave and Jose Bautista should be back in the line up tonight. Santana goes for the Angels at home.
And the Game of the Day
- The Mariners over the Indians: The Indians had to travel yesterday across the country for the game. Carrasco offers no inspiration and Vargas is a good pitcher for the Mariners.
Games of the Day: 3-5