Surprisingly for a Thursday, there are ten games on the schedule. Most of them are day games, so we should know soon enough whether these picks can get on track and pull this week out. Here's a look at today's picks:
- The Red Sox over the Indians: Jon Lester ends the misery ride of the Red Sox and out pitches Carmona. This game starts at 12:05 ET! And it's not even Patriots Day.
- The Astros over the Reds: Myers should give up less runs than Sam LeCure, who hasn't been built up to start and might pitch only three or four innings.
- The Blue Jays over the Athletics: The Blue Jays have kept winning despite Bautista taking care of personal business and now their shortstop got hit in the head. But Romero will still beat Cahill.
- The Yankees over the Twins: Burnett starts to make believers while Liriano is still trying to get untracked and get out of Gardenhire's inexplicable doghouse.
- The Pirates over the Rockies: Maholm was very good his first time out, The Rockies have to play on the road for the first time and counter with Rogers making his starting debut. None of that seems to add up to a win for the Rockies.
- The Bay Rays over the White Sox: David Price lifts the Bay Rays on his shoulders and shuts down the Dunn-less White Sox. The Bay Rays win their first game.
- The Orioles over the Tigers: The Orioles should jump all over Brad Penny giving them enough runs for whatever Tillman does or how many homers Cabrera hits.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Marlins over the Nationals: Josh Johnson versus John Lannan is a mismatch. Johnson has never lost to the Nationals in seven career decisions against them.
Games of the Day: 3-4