But we carry on because the Fan is stubbornly persistent. Here's a look at Tuesday's games which involve a fourteen games and twenty-eight of the 30 teams.(that's weird):
- The Cubs over the Diamondbacks: Kind of a scary match up here between Enright and Cashner. Going with the hometown Cubs with no confidence whatsoever.
- The Padres over the Giants: The Padres are always a confusing pick. But the Fan predicted a big bounce back year for Harang and he gets the start, so the Fan is backed into a corner to pick him to win. Bumgarner goes for the Giants.
- The Rays over the Angels: The Angels just might be the worst team in the AL West. Weaver is great, but that doesn't guarantee a win. Going with Niemann and the Bay Rays.
- The Yankees over the Twins: Sabathia over Duensing. Enough said.
- The Mets over the Phillies: This is my upset special for the day. Chris Young was a wise pick up and he'll get the W for the Mets over Hamels, the forgotten ace.
- The Athletics over the Blue Jays: This pick isn't so much a wealth of confidence in Brandon McCarthy as it is a total lack of confidence in Jo-Jo Reyes.
- The Reds over the Astros: Leake has struggled since the middle of last year. But the Reds' offense has been killer. MLB.com lists Happ as Houston's starter, but the Fan thought he was hurt. We'll just have to see.
- The Marlins over the Nationals: Anibal Sanchez has become a very good pitcher. Marquis is too much of a risk to pick here.
- The Mariners over the Rangers: The Rangers aren't going to win 162 games. Plus, the Fan always roots for rookie debuts. Michael Pineda's start might be the most anticipated one since Strasberg. Plus, the Rangers are starting Alexi Ogando. Hmm...
- The Brewers over the Braves: In the reverse logic of the Rangers, the Brewers aren't going to lose 162 games. Gallardo over Lowe.
- The White Sox over the Royals: Gavin Floyd over Luke Hochevar.
- The Cardinals over the Pirates: John McDonald versus Kyle McClellan. Loved the way McClellan threw all spring. Cards have to hit some day.
- The Dodgers over the Rockies: Kershaw looks like the best pitcher in the NL right now. Chacin won't be able to match the zeros.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Red Sox over the Indians: No Boston fans, the team isn't going to hell in a handbasket. Beckett will still have his bad inning but the Red Sox will win, especially with Tomlin pitching for the Indians.
Games of the Day: 3-2