As we head into Sunday, the first official week of the season concludes and the first full week of the season begins. There is another full slate of games today and it should be a beautiful day of baseball. Isn't this great!?
- The White Sox over the Indians: The White Sox have already won the first two games and they finally get to their best pitcher today (Danks). The only chance the Indians have is a good performance by Masterson. Not buying that.
- The Yankees over the Tigers: The Yankees have started their season on a mission it seems. Today they get Scherzer. Phil Hughes should get the win.
- The Blue Jays over the Twins: The Blue Jays are simply destroying the Twins who have come out flat and empty. Brett Cecil is yet another reliable starter and the Twins counter with Blackburn.
- The Brewers over the Reds: It looks like the Fan will keep picking this until it is true. Wolf over Arroyo who might be weak from having mono.
- The Marlins over the Mets: Vazquez goes for the Marlins and he'll continue what is the wackiest current career of all MLB pitchers. The Mets counter with knuckleballer, Dickey.
- The Braves over the Nationals: Jordan Zimmermann had a great spring and the Fan is rooting for him. But Hudson and the Braves will overcome yesterday's loss and win the game.
- The Phillies over the Astros: Don't you think that Roy Oswalt will be pumped for this game? Yeah, he should be. Norris gets hit around a bit for Houston.
- The Bay Rays over the Orioles: Everything screams to pick an Orioles' sweep. But Wade Davis will have something to say about that. Britton gets the start for the Orioles and though a great prospect, will be overcome in this game.
- The Red Sox over the Rangers: Now we start to get into the softer side of the Rangers rotation with Harrison on the mound for the Rangers. The Red Sox have their second best pitcher (maybe first best!) in Clay Buchholz.
- The Royals over the Angels: Sorry. The Fan can't pick any game that Kazmir starts. Just can't. Chen with the win.
- The Cardinals over the Padres: Dustin Moseley is starting for the Padres? Uh...no. Going with Jaime Garcia and the Cards to get their first win of the season.
- The Rockies over the Diamondbacks: One word for the Rockies win: Saunders. Ugh. Chacin with the win.
- The Athletics over the Mariners: Gio Gonzalez might be the best of Oakland's starters. He beats Fister.
- The Dodgers over the Giants: Yeah, the Giants romped last night. But they throw Barry Zito out there today. That car accident couldn't have helped. Kuroda goes for the Dodgers.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Cubs over the Pirates: When was the last time that Ohlendorf won a game? Exactly. Garza gets the win for the Cubs.
Last week: 18-13
Games of the Day: 2-1