There are eleven games scheduled for Monday, which is quite a few for a usual day off. The games include the annual Patriots' Day game in Boston which starts at 11:05 in the morning:
- The Blue Jays over the Red Sox: Interesting game to pick. An impatient offense goes against a pitcher with a lot of walks per game. But the Blue Jays pitch their ace in Romero who should win over Dice-K.
- The Bay Rays over the White Sox: The White Sox can't seem to get going and now face David Price. He'll beat Jackson.
- The Brewers over the Phillies: Marcum will have to be good after Sunday's debacle for the Brewers. He'll face Blanton, who is vulnerable.
- The Orioles over the Twins: Liriano and Tillman have had a tough time getting past the fifth inning. Who knows how to pick this one. The Orioles are due for a win.
- The Reds over the Pirates: The Reds should get to Correia and Travis Wood comes up big for the Reds against a young line up.
- The Rangers over the Angels: Big early-season series. C. J. Wilson needs to come up big after a tough series for the Rangers in New York. The Angels counter with Santana.
- The Cubs over the Padres: Zambrano has been steady. The Padres should pose no problem for him. Stauffer the hard luck loser.
- The Indians over the Royals: Whoo boy. Carrasco versus Davies. We'll just go by their current ERAs with the Indians winning 9-5. Yeesh.
- The Giants over the Rockies: This is a big series for the Giants if they don't want the Rockies to run away and hide. Lincecum nees to come up big against Emil Rogers, who is 2-0.
- The Dodgers over the Braves: The Dodgers play well at home and are coming off a big ninth inning win. The Braves are on the wrong coast. Lilly over Hudson.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Tigers over the Mariners: The Tigers should get a good outing from Scherzer and Vargas gets no run support.
Games of the Day: 8-10