Monday has a pretty good line up of games despite it usually being an off day for some teams. Eleven games are on the schedule. After careful study and a few sips of coffee, here are Monday's picks:
- The Braves over the Giants: This picker is a big fan of Madison Bumgarner. He should limit the Braves' production. But Tim Hudson has been hot too and the Giants' offense has been spotty. Plus, the Braves are home.
- The Tigers over the Twins: Rick Porcello will have to be a lot better at home than he was his last game when he got pounded. Francisco Liriano walked seven batters against the Red Sox and yet only gave up three runs to the Red Sox. Which one will break tonight?
- The Pirates over the Cardinals: This is a game that the Cardinals should win, which means they won't. James McDonald shuts them down while the Pirates nick Jake Westbrook for at least three runs.
- The Cubs over the Astros: Ugh! Hate games like this! Rodrigo Lopez over Henry Sosa making his second career start. Sheesh.
- The Yankees over the Royals: The Yankees had the perfect opportunity to skip A.J. Burnett with the rain out yesterday. But they didn't. The Yankees win anyway over Felipe Paulino.
- The Marlins over the Rockies: Really want the Marlins to lose every game for the rest of the season. Still mad at them. But Kevin Millwood at Coors? Uh...that could be ugly. Clay Hensley ain't a cup of tea either.
- The Athletics over the Orioles: This picker keeps waiting for a comeback by Gio Gonzalez. Perhaps this will be the game. Tommy Hunter goes for the Orioles and at least he gives them a competent starter.
- The Padres over the Mets: Aaron Harang at Petco Park seems like a good call. R.A. Dickey will be his usual decent self and will lose again.
- The Rangers over the Angels: The Angels start their big series against the Rangers with a rookie? Garrett Richards has the unenviable task against Alexi Ogando.
- The Blue Jays over the Mariners: Two young studs in Michael Pineda and Henderson Alvarez. Going with the Blue Jays because Jose Bautista woke up over the weekend and the Mariners have no offense.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Brewers over the Dodgers: The Dodgers had a good series against the Astros, but the Brewers are a different kettle of fish. Randy Wolf should be better than Ted Lilly, yet, they are basically the same pitcher. The Brewers are pretty much unbeatable at home.
Games of the Day: 83-51