Sunday is a fresh slate and a new week. The month is still looking good as is the season. The Game of the Day feature has been amazing. Sunday's picks:
- The Indians over the Tigers: The struggling Ubaldo Jimenez should like pitching at Comerica Park and should beat a struggling Rick Porcello.
- The Brewers over the Mets: Remember when the Brewers couldn't win on the road? Yovani Gallardo should beat R.A. Dickey.
- The Braves over the Diamondbacks: The D-backs could quite possibly win the NL West, but they have shown against the Braves that they aren't an elite team. Josh Collmenter with the loss and Tim Hudson with the win.
- The Pirates over the Reds: Mike Leake is usually a good pick, but he is facing John McDonald, who has been having a very good season.
- The Phillies over the Nationals: Is there anyway that the Nationals and Chien-Ming Wang can beat Roy Halladay and the Phillies? Nope.
- The Bay Rays over the Mariners: James Shields finishes off the Mariners for a very good series for the Rays. Michael Pineda will not be a factor.
- The Astros over the Giants: We have two starters with ERA's over six. How can you pick that? Henry Sosa faces his old team and the Astros are at home. Let's go with that.
- The Red Sox over the Royals: Jon Lester shouldn't need Matt Albers to come in and blow this game. Lester might even go all the way in this win over Danny Duffy.
- The Yankees over the Twins: Will A-Rod play? Is Ivan Nova the Yankees' version of Dillon Gee? Tune in at two o'clock. Nick Blackburn goes for the Twins.
- The Rangers over the White Sox: Derek Holland has been very good in most of his starts. Gavin Floyd has been very good the first time through a batting order. It's the second time through where he struggles.
- The Rockies over the Dodgers: Can you believe this picker is picking the Rockies with Kevin Millwood starting? Egads, man! But Chad Billingsley is horrible at Coors Field. Just horrible.
- The Orioles over the Angels: Not a ringing endorsement for Brian Matusz in this game. But the Angels are starting Triple A pitcher, Jerome Williams.
- The Padres over the Marlins: Great line on Twitter last night from @LoMoChimp: "Marlins, the Padres are calling. #Haveyournumber." Rich, but true. Cory Luebke finishes the Marlins off. Anibal Sanchez can't buy a win.
- The Athletics over the Blue Jays: The A's seem to have the Blue Jays' number as well. Guillermo Moscoso should beat Luis Perez, normally a reliever making a spot start.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Cardinals over the Cubs: The Cards keep losing series, but they always manage to win at least one game. Jake Westbrook beats Rodrigo Lopez.
Last Week: 55-39
Games of the Day: 88-50