Thursday, October 02, 2014

MLB Game Picks - Thursday: October 2, 2014

I am zero for two so far in the post season. Nicely done, William! Heh. I was worried about Edinson Volquez and I let my emotions override my concern. You just can't trust pitchers who wear their hats crooked...at least, not in the long run. Madison Bumgarner certainly helped cement his stature as one of the premier pitchers in baseball. Because he plays on the West Coast, I don't think he gets enough of his due, including from me. Because of him and because of crooked hats, the Giants move on into the playoffs.
Oh yes, and Pablo Sandoval went two for five with a walk. So, again, beware of those warm fuzzies.
Today it is all the American League. If you hate the DH, this isn't a good day for you. The picks:
  • The Orioles over the Tigers: If Chris Tillman can hang with Max Scherzer for seven innings, then it becomes a bullpen game and that is the Tigers' weakness and the Orioles' strength. Scherzer has been tremendous in the post season, but there is something about this Orioles team. And at home, they will have an advantage with that crowd. Everyone will say that the Tigers can hit. But, boy, so can those Orioles.
  • The Angels over the Royals: I am worried about the rotation of both these teams and how deep they can go. Jered Weaver had an ace-like season. But every time he pitches, you wonder how he can get anyone out with the speed of his stuff. But he wins, right? The Royals counter with Jason Vargas. Oy. I can see Ned Yost going bonkers in his managing tonight.
Post Season: 0-2, Season: 1365-1091

No comments: