Much more cheerful than the meandering of the picks this week. Another day just above the .500 level brings out a bit of the blahs. That's four straight days of such mediocrity in a row (if you are keeping score). But did the Fan peg Zambrano yesterday or what? The Fan knew he would come alive for national television. The bum.
Monday has a fairly full slate of games, which is somewhat unusual. Let's see if we can get more than one game over even today:
- The Pirates over the Padres: We start with a head-scratcher. McCutchen (the pitching one) starts for Pittsburgh while LeBlanc (who doesn't throw shutouts despite his name) starts for the Padres. Flip a coin.
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: Now that Halladay isn't pitching, the Blue Jays can go ahead and score some runs.
- The Braves over the Mets: Logic dictates that Lowe would beat Misch. But logic happens so seldom lately.
- The Brewers over the Cubs: Gorzelanny versus Looper. Now there is an inspiring duo. Yeesh.
- The Astros over the Cardinals: Go Wandy, go!
- The Red Sox over the Royals: Man, do the Red Sox finish with a cushy schedule or what?
- The Twins over the White Sox: The Twins pretty much have to win them all at this point.
- The Giants over the Diamondbacks: Ditto for the Giants.
- The Rangers over the Athletics: Thinking an old song for this one: "It's too late, baby...it's too late..."
- The Angels over the Yankees: Pettitte is listed, but the Fan thought he was supposed to skip a start?
Yesterday: 8-7 (9-6 in football too)