And the good news is that Thursday is a short schedule so things can't go terribly wrong until Friday. Here's what little Thursday has to offer:
- The Reds over the Pirates: Arroyo should have little trouble here against Morgan and the light-hitting Pirates.
- The Rangers over the Athletics: Go Feldman, go! On the road? Check.
- The Dodgers over the Nationals: Padilla's freak side hasn't come out yet for the Dodgers. It will eventually. But not today.
- The Tigers over the Indians: Carrasco was the big pearl the Indians received in the Cliff Lee trade. But he's just been a big oyster so far. Verlander will get it done.
- The Mariners over the Blue Jays: Felix Hernandez needs two more good starts to stay in the hunt for Cy Young.
- The Phillies over the Brewers: Happ is pitching versus Suppon. Even as a rookie, Happ is the better pitcher.
- The Red Sox over the Royals: Buckholz is showing flashes of his hype. The Royals start Lerew which rhymes with - who?
- The Padres over the Rockies: Going with the young Richard over Hammel. Still say the White Sox were crazy for trading him.
- The Cubs over the Giants: Still can't believe Penny is doing this well for the Giants. Perhaps this will be the night he gets back to where he's been.