Tuesday's games look this way:
- The Phillies over the Marlins: This is a tough game to pick. Josh Johnson goes against Blanton. Both have been really good lately.
- The Dodgers over the Nationals: Kuroda versus Livan. Livan hasn't thrown a good game in a while.
- The Reds over the Pirates: Cueto versus Duke. How come Duke always gets the best pitcher on the other team? Is he like the designated pinata?
- The Tigers over the Indians: Jackson versus Laffey. How come every time the Fan hears Laffey's name, he hears Bertin Cummings singing: Laffey...haha ha ha haha...Laffey...
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: Tallet hasn't had a good start in like forever. But the Orioles are starting a reliever.
- The Bay Rays over the Mariners: Got to like Niemann over Rowland-Smith.
- The Braves over the Mets: Jurrjens should get more fanfare than he does.
- The Phillies over the Marlins: The real question isn't whether Moyer will beat Sanchez. The real question is whether the Marlins will draw more than 5,000 fans combined for the two games. The secondary question is whether the weather will allow both games to be played.
- The Cardinals over the Astros: The firing of Cooper is Bazardo.
- The Cubs over the Brewers: Randy Wells needs to bounce back after a really bad last start.
- The Royals over the Red Sox: Go Greinke, go! This is a good opportunity since Byrd is starting for the Sox.
- The Twins over the White Sox: What a mess Chicago baseball has been this year.
- The Rockies over the Padres: De La Rosa over Mujica as the Rockies march toward the wild card.
- The Giants over the Diamondbacks: Cain versus Abel...errr...Davis.
- Oakland over Texas: Cahill was really sharp last time out. McCarthy wasn't.
- The Yankees over the Angels: This is one of those games the Yankees are supposed to lose with Gaudin pitching. But that's when they win.