It's hard to believe, but the MLB season has only nine or ten games to go (depending on the team). It's also hard to believe September is almost over too. All four major sports are in full gear. The PGA is in its last week before the silly season (go Tiger!). The leaves on the trees are in their peak of full colors (at least up here). It's all a crescendo before winter sets in.
And so, my friends, there are only a few days left of these daily picks. Let's enjoy them together on a beautiful Saturday:
- The Braves over the Nationals: The Braves need a miracle, but they aren't dead yet. Hanson goes today.
- The Mariners over the Blue Jays: Purcey isn't Halladay.
- The Cubs over the Giants: How can the Fan pick the Cubs when Gorzelanny is starting? The Giants can't hit, that's how.
- The Yankees over the Red Sox: The Sox couldn't beat Chamberlain. They're not going to beat Sabathia.
- The Phillies over the Brewers: Going with Kendrick over Looper.
- The Pirates over the Dodgers: The Dodgers mailed it in last night. Maholm is the Pirates best pitcher.
- The Reds over the Astros: Hard to fathom the Astros sticking with Paulino. The Reds will continue to give their fans hope for next year.
- The Orioles over the Indians: Toss up game of Berken versus Sowers. Who knows.
- The White Sox over the Tigers: The Tigers are playing with wobbling knees these days. Barely a whimper out of them last night.
- The Marlins over the Mets: That is if the Marlins' bullpen doesn't implode again, which seems like a nightly occurrence.
- The Twins over the Royals: The Twins continue to make this very interesting.
- The Rangers over the Bay Rays: Millwood smiles as he counts his money for next year.
- The Rockies over the Cardinals: The Rockies have to keep winning. The Cardinals don't. Jiminez has beat all the best pitchers in the NL. Wainwright will be another.
- The Diamondbacks over the Padres: Have a feeling Haran will come up big today.
- The A's over the Angels: The A's have had a good second half. Too bad their first half was such a stinker.