Friday has a big slate of games and the Fan can't wait to see what happens:
- The Cubs over the Whtie Sox: Just a hunch that Zambrano will come up big against Peavy.
- The Nationals over the Orioles: Arietta is 2-1 and Martin is 0-3. Quick, which is the better pitcher? Martin's ERA is almost two points lower.
- The Phillies over the Blue Jays: Halladay faces his old team and is due for a win. Litsch was great his last time out. Will it carry over?
- The Padres over the Marlins: Richard is better than Volstad. Been watching the Marlins. They don't hustle. They have no urgency.
- The Bay Rays over the Diamdondbacks: Who made the poor D-Back's interleague schedule. Ouch.
- The Mets over the Twins: Pelfrey takes care of the Twins and Slowey.
- The Reds over the Indians: The battle for Ohio is a mismatch.
- The Rangers over the Astros: The Rangers look unbeatable at this point. Moehler for the Astros won't help.
- The Mariners over the Brewers: Rowland-Smith has been a two-named mess all season, but threw a gem last time. The Mariners are hot. The Brewers sure can hit. What to do?
- The Royals over the Cardinals: Still riding the Greinke band wagon even though it has a flat and the support boards are all rotted out.
- The Rockies over the Angels: The Rockies gave the Red Sox all they could want. What will they do to the Angels?
- The Athletics over the Pirates: Mr. Lincoln has not yet been good enough. Ben Sheets at least has a chance to have a good game.
- The Yankees over the Dodgers: Sabathia should look fine in this one. He's coming on now.
- The Giants over the Red Sox: Wakefield is due for a clunker. Scary pick though.
And the Game of the Day
- The Braves over the Tigers: Got to go with Medlan over an unknown Oliver making his first start for the Tigers.
Games of the Day: 34-33 Over .500!