There are 12 games on tap for Thursday, which isn't bad for the usual "get-away" day. Many of them are day games which is always fun. So here's how it should shape up:
- The Padres over the Bay Rays: The Padres have made a believer out of this old Fan. Plus, Garza had his worst outing ever last time out.
- The Phillies over the Indians: Carmona hasn't been bad, but Cleveland shouldn't score more than the Phillies do and that will be the difference.
- The Giants over the Astros: Cain has been fantastic but gets no run support. Wandy has been awful and should provide those runs.
- The White Sox over the Braves: Derek Lowe always scares the Fan. Gavin Floyd should out pitch him.
- The Brewers over the Twins: Blackburn gave the Fan heartburn last time out. Not going there.
- The Mariners over the Cubs: The Mariners have out pitched the Cubs all series. King Felix will make it unanimous.
- The Marlins over the Orioles: Both teams have interim managers. But the Marlins have more talent.
- The Cardinals over the Blue Jays: If Morrow is on, this pick could blow up. But Wainwright is pitching and the Cardinals should win.
- The Tigers over the Mets: The Mets are really playing well, but if Galarraga comes up big, the Tigers could steal a win.
- The Red Sox over the Rockies: Dice-K will baffle the Rockies and Hammel's streak will come to an end.
- The Dodgers over the Angels: The Fan has given up on the Dodgers, but after Dickey's performance for the Mets, how can you not root for Haeger to keep the knuckle flowing?
And the Game of the Day:
- The Rangers over the Pirates: The Rangers have Cruz back in a line up that is piling it on. Feldman gets an easy win.
Games of the Day: 33-33