Sunday is always a Fan favorite because all but one game is played during the day. The Fan loves day games. It's the way baseball should be played. Here are Sunday's picks:
- The Diamondbacks over the Tigers: Going with Ian Kennedy over Scherzer.
- The Yankees over the Mets: Sabathia will out pitch Santana.
- The Bllue Jays over the Giants: When good young pitchers on the same team see their peers pitching well, it feeds on itself because of the inbred competition. Marcum will feed off of the great effort of Litsch yesterday.
- The Marlins over the Bay Rays: Price is great for the Bay Rays but Johnson is even better for the Marlins who have given the Bay Rays a great series.
- The Indians over the Pirates: The Pirates got a win yesterday. They won't win two in a row.
- The Braves over the Royals: Kawakami can't buy a win. But Millwood won yesterday, so perhaps the tide will turn for Kawakami too.
- The Phillies over the Twins: Halladay should rebound with a nice game against the Twins. He faces Pavano, the bane of this picker for ages.
- The White Sox over the Nationals: The White Sox start of Garcia is offeset by the Nationals' starter, Lannon.
- The Rangers over the Astros: The Rangers are rolling. Good pitching, great hitting.
- The Cardinals over the Athletics: Suppon again builds the case for Duncan in the HOF. The A's are one of the worst road teams in baseball.
- The Cubs over the Angels: Zambrano was pretty good his last start. Saunders is always an adventure, though he pitched very well his last time out.
- The Brewers over the Rockies: Think Wolf will beat Cook, but if last night was any indication, the Brewers' bullpen can't hold a lead. Hoffman isn't even pitching. Pssst...Ken Macha...Villanueva isn't the answer.
- The Orioles over the Padres: What?? The Orioles win two in a row? Arietta has been great so far and is 2-0. Garland has been banged around a bit lately. Seems to add up.
- The Reds over the Mariners: Will take Harang over Rowland-Smith in a battle of two evils.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Red Sox over the Dodgers: The Red Sox are now only a game out of first place. The Dodgers have no shot in this game. Sweep.
Last Week: 52-38
Games of the Day: 30-32 [[slapping forehead]]