Interleague is over (it was time) and Monday's schedule is quite robust with 22 of the 30 MLB teams in action. Monday's picks:
- The Marlins over the Mets: This series is in Puerto Rico right? The Marlins get to Dickey and their Puerto Rican interim manager gets a win.
- The Blue Jays over the Indians: The Indians traded Branyon. There isn't much left there to trouble Romero very much.
- The Nationals over the Braves: Strasburg! But will the Nats score any runs. What happened to their offense?
- The Reds over the Phillies: Cueto shuts down the big bats while the Reds get to Kendrick.
- The Cubs over the Pirates: The Pirates have beat up on the Cubs all year, but not this time as Wells gets the win.
- The Brewers over the Astros: Norris versus Parra. When you have no faith in either starter, go with the home team.
- The Twins over the Tigers: The Twins and Liriano start widening the gap again in the AL Central.
- The White Sox over the Royals: Buehrle can stay off the plate with the Royals and their swinging sluggers.
- The Cardinals over the Diamondbacks: Haran versus Carpenter in a very good match up. Fun to watch this one. Have no idea who will win.
- The Giants over the Dodgers: The Dodgers are in bad shape as Billingsley comes back from the DL and Broxton won't be available.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Rockies over the Padres: Ubaldo!
Game of the Day: 37-33