Sunday is the beginning a new week and this Fan's favorite baseball day of the week. Here's how it looks:
- The Padres over the Marlins: Latos sweeps Florida and the Marlins continue to sleep walk.
- The Mets over the Twins: Baker has been just okay. Niese has been really good. Taking the Mets at home.
- The Reds over the Indians: The league is catching up to Talbot and Arroyo has been good.
- The Orioles over the Nationals: Thinking Guthrie has a good chance to give the Orioles a series win. How unusual would THAT be?
- The Tigers over the Braves: Is it just the Fan or is Verlander the older version of Hanson?
- The Blue Jays over the Phillies: Moyer is due for one of his patented belly flops. Cecil has been pretty good.
- The Diamondbacks over the Bay Rays: Isn't it time the Bay Rays replaced Wade Davis with Hellickson?
- The White Sox over the Cubs: Danks will win over Dempster. When will Piniella be fired? Nothing has been more due in ages.
- The Mariners over the Brewers: Vargas versus Narveson. Ick.
- The Cardinals over the Royals: Garcia needs to throw more strikes, but the Royals aren't exactly patient at the plate.
- The Rockies over the Angels: Chacin is a stud when he's on. Santana has been inconsistent.
- The Pirates over the Athletics: Need an upset on the card. Ohlendorf is much better than anyone thinks.
- The Rangers over the Astros: Hunter shoots an arrow into Oswalt.
- The Yankees over the Dodgers: Pettitte on television over Kershaw.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Red Sox over the Giants: The Red Sox will wait Lincecum out and make him throw strikes.
Last Week: 53-37
Games of the Day: 36-33