And there is always Tuesday to get back into the swing of things. Here's how the Fan sees it:
- The Marlins over the Mets: Puerto Rico is hot this time of year. Really hot. The Marlins can take it. The Mets, along with their Japanese starter, Takahashi, cannot.
- The Athletics over the Orioles: Matusz just looks all beaten down. Poor kid. Braden will win.
- The Yankees over the Mariners: Lee and Hughes will cancel each other out. The Yankees have the better offense and know Lee very well.
- The Blue Jays over the Indians: Morrow needs to come up big, but he's capable. Carmona has not looked good of late.
- The Reds over the Phillies: Can lightning strike twice? Leake's sinker versus Blanton's meatballs.
- The Braves over the Nationals: The Nats simply can't score these days.
- The Bay Rays over the Red Sox: The Bay Rays are reeling, but they should jump on Lackey while Shields holds down the depleted Red Sox.
- The Cubs over the Pirates: The Pirates keep beating the Cubs. Why? Who knows. Lilly should win though.
- The Brewers over the Astros: Gallardo should be better than Myers.
- The Tigers over the Twins: Galarraga should beat Blackburn. Too bad about Zumaya. Too many long outings.
- The Royals over the White Sox: Yeah, well, the Fan didn't think the Royals would win last night either.
- The Rockies over the Padres: Here come the Rockies. They are only five games back now. Hammel over LeBlanc.
- The Rangers over the Angels: Good match up of Feldman versus Pineiro. Think the Rangers will out score the Angels.
- The Dodgers over the Giants: Ely comes up big and the Dodgers get to Cain.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Cardinals over the Diamondbacks: Wainwright over Willis. If Willis has another start like last time, he could be done.
Games of the Day: 38-33