[[shiver]] With much trepidation, here are Friday's picks:
- The Yankees over the Blue Jays: The Blue Jays have fallen all the way back to .500. It's sad that for the second season in a row, they gave fans hope and then fell on hard times.
- The Cubs over the Reds: Simply like Dempster over Arroyo at this point in the season.
- The Pirates over the Phillies: Ohlendorf has pitched well of late. Giving him the nod over Moyer and the depleted Phils.
- The Mets over the Nationals: Hard to remember that the Nats once vied for first place. Now they again have a slight chance for the top draft pick for the third straight year.
- The Indians over the Athletics: The Indians have won five in a row and have more offense than the A's.
- The Tigers over the Mariners: The Tigers are almost unbeatable at home and the Mariners are terrible on the road. That overcomes a Fister match up with Scherzer.
- The Red Sox over the Orioles: This pick isn't the Fan's first instinct. The O's could get to Wakefield and Bergesen could have a big game against the depleted Red Sox. But sanity won.
- The Marlins over the Braves: Pick based solely on the arm of Josh Johnson.
- The Rangers over the White Sox: Like Lewis over Garcia and the Rangers' offense over the White Sox.
- The Rockies over the Giants: Lincecum hasn't been a lock this season. Chacin is a good-looking young pitcher. The Rockies are home and the hotter team.
- The Bay Rays over the Twins: Last night's thrilling win might propel the young Bay Rays back in the race. Plus Price is pitching.
- The Cardinals over the Brewers: Narveson was great last time out, but golly, the Cards need to start winning some time.
- The Diamondbacks over the Dodgers: Kirk Gibson wins his first game as manager.
- The Padres over the Astros: Latos versus Oswalt in a good one. Latos is like a young Oswalt.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Angels over the Royals: Similar and inconsistent starters but the Angels are at home.
Week: 29-38 man oh man
Games of the Day: 39-35