Are you scared on Friday the 13th? No, the Fan isn't either. Without fear, here are Friday's picks:
- The Diamondbacks over the Nationals: Saunders over Lannon isn't a hard guess to make. AL pitchers always have more fun in the NL
- The Indians over the Mariners: Pauley is 0-3 despite an ERA of 3.38. Shows you how bad that offense is.
- The Phillies over the Mets: Hamels will pitch better than Dickey and the Mets bullpen is beat up.
- The Bay Rays over the Orioles: Hello reality for Buck. Shields over Guthrie. It will be low scoring.
- The Marlins over the Reds: Volquez is walking too many batters and Josh Johnson is the bomb.
- The Rangers over the Red Sox: Hunter should hold down the Red Sox until the Rangers get to Beckett.
- The Braves over the Dodgers: Hudson is having a wonderful season. The Dodgers only post season news now will be what Torre will do.
- The Twins over the Athletics: This could be a tough series for the Twins. They struggle with tough pitching and Oakland has plenty of that. But going with Pavano in this one.
- The Cardinals over the Cubs: Young Desomond hasn't shown anything in his two starts. Westbrook wins.
- The Yankees over the Royals: Mosely is fun to watch. Like that kid. Davies is Davies.
- The Pirates over the Astros: Going with Ohlendorf again as long as he doesn't get hit in the head or any where else with line drives.
- The White Sox over the Tigers: Buehrle should have little trouble here. Bonderman goes for the Tigers.
- The Brewers over the Rockies: Gallardo has been great all season and De La Rosa hasn't found his form yet after coming off the DL.
And the Game of the Day
- The Blue Jays over the Angels: Two things here. First Kazmir is starting. Second, the Angels are old. Third, this kid pitching for the Blue Jays better win to justify having to have all those letters on the back of his uniform. Oh...that's three things.
Games of the Day: 63-50