But other than that game? Perfection. The Orioles continue to amaze. The Yankees did indeed take the day off against the Red Sox. The Bay Rays romped as expected. Everything went just right. Except Farnsworth.
- The Dodgers over the Phillies: Padilla versus Kendrick isn't any fun to predict. Padilla was very good last time out so we'll go with that.
- The Bay Rays over the Tigers: Hellickson gets his chance due to Bay Rays' injuries. He'll make the most of it.
- The Nationals over the Marlins: Strasburg is back!
- The Orioles over the Indians: Arrieta gentille Arrieta versus Masterson. The latter is unpredictable as all get out. The former is a crap shoot as well. Going with the hot team.
- The Reds over the Cardinals: This might be the only game of the series the Reds have any chance of winning. Garcia can be had and Cueto must pitch very well for the Reds to win.
- The Blue Jays over the Red Sox: The Blue Jays are the better team right now. Romero over Matsuzaka.
- The Rockies over the Mets: Pelfrey has gone south and Ubaldo continues his success.
- The Rangers over the Yankees: Why couldn't Burnett just skip a start? Oh well.
- The Braves over the Astros: Jurrjens over Happ. Happ was clobbered his last time. Jurrjens always seems to have one bad inning each game.
- The Twins over the White Sox: Got to go with Baker over Garcia. Must wins for the Twins.
- The Diamondbacks over the Brewers: Like this kid, Enright. Taking him over Parra
- The Padres over the Pirates: LeBlanc wins easily over Karstens and the Pirates.
- The Athletics over the Mariners: Going with Anderson over King Felix. The Mariners won't score.
- The Giants over the Cubs: Lincecum should have no problems with Dempster and the Cubbies.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Angels over the Royals: Bullington? Nope. Not going there. Haren gets the win.
Games of the Day: 61-49