And so we start week two in August with these Sunday selections:
- The Cardinals over the Marlins: The Cardinals are still the better team which should pull out a Suppon versus West match up from hell.
- The Twins over the Indians: Duensing is 4-1 and Huff is 2-10. That should be enough reasoning right there.
- The Pirates over the Rockies: Rogers versus Maholm. At least Maholm is an established big league pitcher. Mr. Rogers is still learning how to tie his shoelaces.
- The Tigers over the Angels: Yeah, the Fan knows. Stupid is as stupid does. But come on, both of those pitchers (Porcello and Bell) have 5.90 ERAs. Anything can happen and Hunter is suspended.
- The Philllies over the Mets: Halladay versus Dickey. Not knuckling under the pressure here. Halladay is too good.
- The Blue Jays over the Bay Rays: Sweep! Morrow versus Sonnanstine, who has been in the bullpen most of the season.
- The Braves over the Giants: Sanchez is very good but the Braves rarely lose at home. One reason? Lowe is 7-3 at home and 3-6 on the road. Plus, Lowe has a 3.00 ERA in his career against the Giants in sixteen starts.
- The Orioles over the White Sox: A guy like Guthrie is the type of guy that will benefit from a new manager like Buck. Look for a great performance at home.
- The Brewers over the Astros: Just as an aside, have you ever tried to type the Brewers' team name quickly? Can't be done. It always comes out, "Brewres." Anyway, Gallardo gets the win here and hits another homer.
- The Athletics over the Rangers: Cahill gets another win. He's starting to get in the Cy Young discussion.
- The Reds over the Cubs: The Cubs are going with a Diamond that is in the rough. The Reds go with Wood. Sweep.
- The Royals over the Mariners: The Fan keeps making the mistake of looking at pitchers with the Mariners but that doesn't matter because they can't hit.
- The Padres over the Diamondbacks: Saunders was great in his D-Backs debut, but he faces Latos and that is that.
- The Red Sox over the Yankees: Yeah, no faith in Burnett. None at all. Zilch. Nada. Nope.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Dodgers over the Nationals: Is this the second day in the row picking this match up for this feature? Marquis is back from the DL and pitches for the Nats. Lilly goes for the Dodgers.
Last week: 49-47
Games of the Day: 59-49