What does Monday look like? It really is the dog days of August as there are still ten games schedules for Monday:
- The Nationals over the Cubs: The Cubs couldn't even show up on Lou's last day. Now they will lose to Livan as the young and guileless Coleman gets whacked around again.
- The Royals over the Tigers: Chen is better than Bonderman. What a crummy sentence that was to type.
- The Cardinals over the Pirates: The Pirates break Ohlendorf's heart again and can't score against a lifeless Lohse.
- The Blue Jays over the Yankees: The Yankees are starting Ivan Nova, a 23 year old for the Dominican Republic. He was 12-3 in Triple A with a 2.86 ERA. But it looks like it was done with mirrors. Going with Morrow and the Jays.
- The Phillies over the Astros: Blanton versus Myers. Didn't Myers just pitch the other day? Golly, the days are just blending together.
- The Red Sox over the Mariners: The Red Sox are still good enough to beat the bad teams. Lackey over Fister.
- The Braves over the Rockies: Hudson over Hammel in an alliterative match up.
- The Rangers over the Twins: The Twins have to travel after a night game. The match up says Liriano, but Gardenhire said on Sunday that Liriano was skipping a turn. Blackburn will probably pitch. Ouch.
- The Giants over the Reds: Don't trust Volquez. Cain needs to have a good game though and he's been struggling.
And the Game of the Day
- The Bay Rays over the Angels: The Angels look dead. Shields over Kazmir.
Games of the Day: 69-54 (two game losing streak)