Anyway, here are Wednesday's picks. Remember, you've already been warned:
- The Braves over the Rockies: The Braves are a terrible road team. But Jurrjens should be decent wherever he pitches and the Rockies counter with Rogers, who is iffy.
- The Tigers over the Royals: The Tigers are playing good ball these days and Galarraga had a good outing last time out. The Royals counter with O'Sullivan.
- The Reds over the Giants: It's come down to this for this Reds' series. When the Fan says they'll win, they lose. When he says they will lose, they win. The gut says that Bumgarner will shut them down, but the recent results indicate that Bailey will win the game. In other words, who the heck knows.
- The Red Sox over the Mariners (1st game): Still think Beckett will beat Pauley.
- The Mariners over the Red Sox (2nd game): King Felix has been unhittable lately and will beat Lester.
- The Phillies over the Astros: The Astros won yesterday but face Halladay today. Happ makes his first start against his old team which could make it interesting.
- The Cubs over the Nationals: The Cubs look like a different team these last two days. Was it Piniella? Anyway, Dempster over Marquis.
- The Bay Rays over the Angels: Again. Niemann is back and will beat Haren.
- The Cardinals over the Pirates: Don't know what the heck happened yesterday, but Westbrook will beat McCutchen.
- The Athletics over the Indians: Two similar pitchers, both ground ball types. But Cahill hasn't faltered in a long time. Talbot has more often than not.
- The Mets over the Marlins: Misch has been terrific with an 0-2 record to show for it. Time for a win.
- The Yankees over the Blue Jays: Two great young pitchers in Hughes versus Cecil. Going with Hughes at home.
- The Dodgers over the Brewers: Like Kuroda's chances much better than Wolf's.
- The Rangers over the Twins: Duensing has a bad game. Wilson has a great one. Rangers win.
- The Orioles over the White Sox: Matusz is coming on now and the Orioles can get to Buehrle.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Padres over the Diamondbacks: LeBlanc over Saunders who is having a tough time in Arizona.
Games of the Week: 70-55