But we might as well keep going. This Fan never quits:
- The Phillies over the Nationals: How do you pick games like this? The Phillies have clinched. They will rest a lot of guys. Yet Halladay is starting. But he'll probably only pitch five innings or so. Geez. No wonder the Fan is struggling.
- The Tigers over the Indians: Two teams just finishing out the season.
- The Mets over the Brewers: The Mets are better at home than the Brewers are on the road. Pelfrey over Bush.
- The Yankees over the Blue Jays: Rzepcynski might be the only Blue Jays pitcher that is vulnerable. And Burnett has to be sharp. Another pick that's a booby trap.
- The Marlins over the Braves: Poor Bobby isn't going to get there. Minor is his only pitching option and the season rests on a rookie.
- The Orioles over the Bay Rays: The Orioles held out Matusz a day for this start. Let's see if it works. Davis starts for the Bay Rays.
- The Pirates over the Cardinals: Why not? And what does the Fan have to lose. Morton (good gravy!) wins over Lohse.
- The Rangers over the Mariners: Wilson in a final tune up before the post season.
- The Rockies over the Dodgers: The Rockies are at home and Ubaldo needs to win to get to 20.
- The Twins over the Royals: Ibid the Phillies. But Slowey doesn't want to be overlooked for the playoffs. Davies goes for the Royals
- The Cubs over the Padres: Zambrano is the perfect pitcher to be the spoiler. Stauffer has been good, but Zambrano beats him.
- The Angels over the Athletics: Santana has finished strong. He beats Anderson.
And the Game of the Day
- The Red Sox over the White Sox: Buchholz beats Buehrle in the balled of guys who spell their name funny.
Yesterday: Does the Fan have to type this? [sigh] 4-11
Week: 4-11 It's not fair to have to type that twice.
Games of the Day: 82-75