But, the Fan will finish his mission. Not a single day has gone by this season without the Fan plugging away on the picks. So far 2344 games have been picked and the Fan has a 314 game cushion with games correct versus games picked incorrectly. And the last two days have been positive after a seven day stretch of horror. September still finished in the black despite that week of terror. And with a few more good days, the Fan can rescue this week as well. So here we go! With three days remaining, here are Friday's picks:
- The Reds over the Brewers: The Brewers are starting Mark Rogers, a young kid from Brunswick, Maine. He's made one start so far of five innings without giving up a run. But the Reds should prevail with Wood, their own youngster.
- The Tigers and Orioles split a double header: The Tigers have already lost one double header this week and have to play without Cabrera. But they should split here with the Orioles winning the game that Guthrie pitches.
- The Nationals over the Mets: Misch has lost all four of his decisions. He is countered by Zimmermann, who has had his own troubles. Somebody has to win the game.
- The Marlins over the Pirates: It's Mendez versus McCutchen in another game that is impossible to determine.
- The Yankees over the Red Sox: Pettitte versus Dice-K. Both teams will want to win but only the Yankees HAVE to win.
- The Braves over the Phillies: This is the game the Braves have to win because they get Kendrick. The Braves pitch Beachy. Uh oh.
- The Rangers over the Angels: Hamilton is going to play, so cue up the music from The Natural.
- The Astros over the Cubs: Yet another impossible game to pick as it is Norris versus Coleman. Yeesh.
- The Blue Jays over the Twins: The Blue Jays pounded out six more homers last night. That's 260 and counting.
- The Cardinals over the Rockies: Westbrook over De La Rosa as the Rockies are avalanching.
- The Indians over the White Sox: The Indians are hitting well these days. Carmona over Pena.
- The Dodgers over the Diamondbacks: Ely versus Zach Kroenke and his 21.60 ERA. Hide your eyes.
- The Royals over the Bay Rays: Chen can beat Shields in a fair fight. Shields has not been good.
- The Giants over the Padres: Cain beats Richard and the drama will be over. And it's all a bit sad for the Padres.
And the Game of the Day
- The Athletics over the Mariners: Cahill wins his 18th over French.
Yesterday: 7-4 (one rain out)
Last Month: 211-194
Games of the Day: 85-76