Yeah, that's vitriol spitting out of this mouth. Apologies (not really). Here are Tuesday's angry picks:
- The Phillies over the Nationals: Oswalt finally gets his record over .500. Marquis loses.
- The Tigers over the Indians: Scherzer over Talbot.
- The Brewers over the Mets: The Fan wrote a nice piece on Gallardo. The least he could do would be to beat Niese.
- The Yankees over the Blue Jays: Sabathia needs to win, but the way this has been going, Drabek will toss the first gem of his fledgling career.
- The Reds over the Astros: Wandy has been good, but the Reds need to get this over with.
- The Bay Rays over the Orioles: Price should be better than Bergesen.
- The Braves over the Marlins: Hudson is probably gassed, but the old vet needs to win over Sanchez.
- The Mariners over the Rangers: Feldman gets the start against King Felix who should get over .500 and pitch a good game.
- The Cardinals over the Pirates: Suppon faced Burres last week and the Cardinals prevailed. History repeats itself.
- The Twins over the Royals: Blackburn over O'Sullivan. The way Blackburn has been pitching, he might be their best bet for the fourth slot in the playoffs.
- The Rockies over the Dodgers: The Rockies will score all the runs for Francis that they refuse to score for Ubaldo. Kuroda with the loss.
- The Red Sox over the White Sox: Lackey beats Jackson who after a good start with the White Sox has been bombed.
- The Padres over the Cubs: Latos may be beyond his pitch count but he needs to beat Dempster and the Cubs.
- The Athletics over the Angels: Tough game to call with Braden facing Haran.
And the Game of the Day
- The Giants over the Diamondbacks: Rodrigo got mad at the Fan putting him down and has pitched better of late, but Sanchez is better.
Yesterday: 5-7 with one rain out
Week: 9-18 Brutal
Games of the Day: 83-75