But we are almost to the finish line, so if the Fan has to crawl to get there, so be it. Wednesday looks like this:
- The Pirates over the Cardinals: Can't imagine any scenario that LaRussa comes back to this team that quit on him.
- The Rangers over the Mariners: Harden over Vargas. Didn't Harden used to be good? What happened?
- The Dodgers over the Rockies: Kershaw over Chacin. Two disappointing teams just finishing the season.
- The Angels over the Athletics: Pineiro over Cramer. Good match up if Cramer pitches like his first two starts.
- The Brewers over the Mets: The two teams are playing twice on Wednesday. Gallardo over Dickey. And in the second game...
- The Mets over the Brewers: Niese beats Bush.
- The Tigers over the Indians: Scherzer over Talbot. And in the second game...
- The Tigers over the Indians: Verlander over Timlin.
- The Braves over the Marlins: The Braves can smell the playoffs now. They lost Prado for the season though. But they should tee off on Miller. Derek Lowe has never been a great pitcher, but he's always been a great money pitcher.
- The Blue Jays over the Yankees: Poor Vazquez will get pummeled and Cecil gets the win.
- The Phillies over the Nationals: Blanton's five innings will be enough to beat Detwiler and the Nats.
- The Orioles over the Bay Rays: Millwood has a good game and Niemann hasn't pitched well in September.
- The White Sox over the Red Sox: Impossible game to predict as Beckett faces Garcia. Going with the home team.
- The Cubs over the Padres: A sad end to one of the year's best stories. Wells beats Young.
- The Twins over the Royals: Bake beats Hochever and the Royals have to be tired from all that running around the bases.
- The Giants over the Diamondbacks: Lincecum puts his mates on his back and takes them to the post season.
And the Game of the Day
- The Reds over the Astros: The Reds will take it easy on Cueto but their line up should hit Figueroa.
Games of the Day: 84-75 At least this feature has won two in a row.