5-3 is still a positive outcome and it's been a positive week. Two more days to go. Let's start with Friday:
- The Pirates over the Cubs: The Cubs had a real tough time with Pittsburgh last year and this year, they start the series with Doug Davis. That being the case, the pick is Kevin Correia.
- The Tigers over the Red Sox: Obviously, the Fan didn't learn his lesson yesterday and the Red Sox have scored 28 runs in the last two days. Rick Porcello has been so good though and faces the aged Tim Wakefield. The Tigers should win, right?
- The Nationals over the Padres: Geez. Who do you pick between John Lannon and Clayton Richard. Yuck. Going with the home team.
- The White Sox over the Blue Jays: The two teams are going in the opposite direction. Kyle Drabek doesn't have his control yet and Mark Buehrle has a good career record against the Blue Jays.
- The Bay Rays over the Indians: Are the Indians facing the market correction everyone expected? Can they hold on? Not tonight against David Price, they can't. Josh Tomlin has been remarkably effective. Still waiting for the other shoe to drop on that one too.
- The Mets over the Phillies: The Phillies have to be gassed, don't they? Roy Oswalt could make this pick look stupid, but the thought here is that Chris Capuano will keep the ball in the yard better at home.
- The Braves over the Reds: Both teams have been struggling to score or win lately. But this Fan likes Tommy Hanson over Mike Leake in this one.
- The Royals over the Rangers: Today's upset special. Nathan Adcock must be an unknown to the Rangers and the Royals could get to Colby Lewis.
- The Angels over the Twins: Did you see that Tim Brown over at Yahoo Sports ranked the Twins dead last in his major league rankings? Ouch. Scott Baker loses to Tyler Chatwood.
- The Brewers over the Giants: The pitching duel of the night involves Tim Lincecum versus Shaun Marcum. Marcum has been great and Lincecum's only chance is to throw a shutout.
- The Cardinals over the Rockies: All season long, the Fan has been waiting for Ubaldo Jiminez to turn it around. Not wasting another pick in that direction for now. Jake Westbrook better be on his game though.
- The Athletics over the Orioles: Yes, the Orioles have won five in a row and yes, the A's can't hit. But Gio Gonzalez should be better than Chris Tillman.
- The Dodgers over the Marlins: Not a nice match up to pick between Javier Vazquez and Jon Garland. Going with the home team.
- The Mariners over the Yankees: Michael Pineda neutralizes the Yankee offense and Burnett gives up his usual three to four runs.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Diamondbacks over the Astros: The Diamondbacks are in second place! Can you believe it? Part of the reason is that Daniel Hudson is again pitching like last year. Brett Myers will get no help as usual.
Games of the Day: 31-26