Interleague play is done for now and we get back to our regularly scheduled programming. Ten games are on the schedule; not bad for a Monday:
- The Indians over the Red Sox: The Indians are still home. Justin Masterson faces his old team. Clay Buchholz will not go down easy. Should be a fascinating game.
- The Phillies over the Reds: Cole Hamels has been great this season and it's hard to forget his performance against these same Reds in the playoffs last year. Bronson Arroyo will be good, but three runs allowed should do it here. Plus, Chase Utley returns today.
- The Bay Rays over the Tigers: There is a lot to think about in this game. Phil Coke gets the start for the Tigers. He was great his last time out with seven shut out innings. Plus, the Bay Rays are the third worst team in the majors against lefty pitchers. But Jeremy Hellickson is stingy in his own right and the Bay Rays find a way.
- The Yankees over the Blue Jays: The Yankees are still at home and Carlos Villanueva makes his first start since 2009 after pitching only in relief thus far. There's no way he pitches five innings. Bartolo Colon's fastball against Jose Bautista should be a fascinating watch.
- The Rangers over the White Sox: Alexi Ogando hasn't lost and John Danks hasn't won. That will continue for one more day as the Rangers get Josh Hamilton and Nelson Cruz back today.
- The Dodgers over the Astros: Clayton Kershaw should have a good day against the Astros' offense. Bud Norris has been good but hasn't been able to win since May 1 due to low run support.
- The Mariners over the Twins: Yesterday, Hiroki Kuroda went into his start with 14+ shutout innings in a row and lost. Thus, there is fear over picking Jason Vargas to continue his scoreless streak. But, that's going to be the pick. Carl Pavano gets Smoaked.
- The Brewers over the Nationals: Yovani Gallardo is 5-2 despite not pitching like himself thus far this year. How good will his record get when he puts it all together? Tom Gorzelanny with the loss.
- The Cardinals over the Padres: Kyle Lohse should have no problem with the Padres and Dustin Moseley continues to lose games.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Angels over the Athletics: Jared Weaver rounds back into form while the ironically named, Josh Outman, is making his first start since 2009. His major league career has shown a lack ability to get outs, man. Plus, he's walked 26 batters in 37 minor league innings this season.
Games of the Day: 29-24