Thursday has the shortest schedule we've seen so far this season with only eight games on the schedule. Let's see if the Fan can get the training wheels back on at least:
- The Bay Rays over the Indians: So sad to hear that Sizemore is going to have an MRI for his knee. Some times the world just isn't fair. Meanwhile, Shields has been fantastic and faces the equally fantastic Justin Masterson. One of them has to win.
- The Cardinals over the Cubs: This is hard to admit, but the Cardinals are not the same without Tony LaRussa in the dugout. But Jaime Garcia should be better than Casey Coleman.
- The Rockies over the Mets: The same pitchers that were scheduled in the postponed game are pitching today. Ubaldo Jiminez still beats Jonathan Niese.
- The Diamondbacks over the Giants: Daniel Hudson has been ice lately. He should show less cracks than Matt Cain, a worthy opponent.
- The Yankees over the Royals: Ivan Nova certainly doesn't inspire the greatest of confidence and the Yankees capitulation in the game last night was like throwing a challenge on Survivor. But Nova should beat Sean O'Sullivan.
- The Pirates over the Dodgers: At least in Jon Garland, the Pirates have a chance to score some runs. The Fan doesn't quite believe in Charlie Morton's 4-1 record and his ERA. But there you have it.
- The Nationals over the Braves: Just last week, the Braves looked like they were ready to take on the world. This week, they don't look ready to take on even the Nationals. Zimmermann keeps the Nats in the game long enough to beat Derek Lowe and his foot blisters.
And the Game of the Day
- The Orioles over the Mariners: Okay, the Fan will say it: The Orioles are a different team with J. J. Hardy on the field. Okay, commence smiling. But this Fan believes that. Plus, Zach Britton should beat Jason Vargas.
Games of the Day: 20-22