- The Twins over the Tigers: Yes. The Twins win behind that fabulous Baker boy simply because Phil Coke simply shouldn't be in the starting rotation.
- The Brewers over the Padres: Tim Stauffer has made seven starts and has pitched great, but he only has one decision, a loss. That kind of luck won't help as he gives up a few runs to the Brewers who have a mini-roll going. Randy Wolf goes for the Brewers.
- The Reds over the Astros: The Astros can't hit. Period. So it won't matter how good Wandy Rodriguez pitches. It won't matter at all. Edinson Voquez goes for the Reds.
- The Athletics over the Rangers: Gio Gonzalez pitches a gem and Matt Harrison is heading in the wrong direction after a hot start.
- The Rockies over the Mets: Ike Davis is important to the Mets and he is out of the line up. Ubaldo Jiminez gets his first win over Jonathan Niese.
- The Yankees over the Royals: Vin Mazzaro makes his first start in the majors and A. J. Burnett is always a knuckle biter. In the end, the Yankees' offense wins the day.
- The Pirates over the Dodgers: Yeah, this is probably a stupid pick. But Paul Maholm has been keeping his team in the game and Kuroda is on a home run allowing jag.
- The Mariners over the Orioles: It's nice to see J. J. Hardy back for the Orioles. He tightens their defense immeasurably. But this Fan just can't see Chris Tillman beating Felix Hernandez.
- The Bay Rays over the Indians: On paper, David Price versus Carlos Carrasco is a mismatch. Thinking here is that paper will transfer to the field.
- The Blue Jays over the Red Sox: Jose Bautista and company will jump all over John Lackey while Jesse Litsch gives the Blue Jays a chance to win.
- The Marlins over the Phillies: After last night's giddy win, the Marlins throw out Ricky Nolasco, who can strike out ten Phillies if he's on. Cliff Lee can be had early. Nolasco has to be good for this pick to win.
- The Cubs over the Cardinals: This was is simply based on the feeling that Matt Garza will come up big and that Jake Westbrook will bend enough to give the Cubs a win.
- The White Sox over the Angels: This pick is simply a wish that Jake Peavy comes back strong. You have to root for him even when it isn't logical. Tyler Chatwood is a pretty good pitcher though.
- The Giants over the Diamondbacks: Jonathan Sanchez pitches much better at home and the Giants should score a few off of Galarraga.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Braves over the Nationals: The Braves get back on track with big Tommy Hanson mowing down Nat's hitters while the Braves score four or five off of John Lannon.
Games of the Day: 20-21