Uh oh. More groans and smiles are on the way as we pun our way through the transaction wire for another week:
- The Cubs couldn't find a bulldozer to get rid of the goat curse, so they will try again with a Bako.
- The Mets will confuse us for another year as they once again bring Maine to New York.
- Pirates pitcher, Paul, will consider Pittsburgh Maholm for another three years.
- Texas gave the Byrd to arbitration and signed Marlon for another year. Too bad the player wasn't Sal Bando's kid. Then he would be Marlon Bando.
- Is there enough water in Arizona to keep a Garland from wilting too soon? Garland signed after seeing the lei of the land of this year's free agency.
- Joe Camel has been banned from baseball, so the Brewers brought in Mat Gamel instead.
- In other Brewers transaction news, isn't the name Angel Salome an oxymoron?
- Oakland pitcher, Russ, has more Springer in his step after signing a one year contract.
- The Bloom is off the rose as Detroit signed Kyle to a one year contract.
- In other Detroit transaction news, Alfredo thought arbitration was a Figaro speech, so he signed a one year contract.
- Astros' fans got all Geary eyed when Houston waved its magic Wandy and signed two important team members to one year contracts.
- In a good move for the Hair Club for Men, the Rockies signed Ubaldo Jiminez to a four year contract.
- When Mike Scioscia was asked if signing Maicer to a contract was a good deal for the Angels, he exclaimed: "Izturis!"
- The Reds apparently didn't have stormy Weathers in negotiations with David as the pitcher signed his new contract.
And that, fair friends, is a pun-through of transactions for the week.