So with that new attitude, here are today's picks for a light schedule day:
- The Tigers over the White Sox: The Fan keeps waiting for the White Sox to start trading people. You know it's going to happen, right?
- The Rockies over the Cardinals: The Rockies have certainly beat up the Cards this weekend. And they have their #2 starter going today in Marquis. That's Rule #1.
- The Yankees over the Bay Rays: Sonnanstine pitched much better last time. But the Yankees are trying to make a statement this week with the Bay Rays and Boston coming up. Pettitte loves these types of situations.
- The Pirates over the Braves: Long live Zack Duke!
- The Marlins over the Giants: Randy Johnson on three days rest? Doesn't seem like a good idea.
- The Rangers over the Blue Jays: Feldman has been on a roll for Texas.
- The Tigers over the White Sox: What do you do when you are faced with not just one Rule #2, but two? Rule #2 states that you never pick a guy making his first start of the year after injury or the first start back from rehab. This game features Contreras versus Bonderman, both in that situation. Since they seem to cancel each other out, take the best team.
- The Padres over the Diamondbacks: Like Peavy over Garland. Is Peavy overrated?
- The A's over the Twins: Two young pitchers going against each other in Outman and Swarzak. The A's have been the hotter team.