So with all that in the database, here are today's picks:
- The Reds over the Nationals: Harang should have no trouble here. Martis was good early in the season, but as Rob Neyer pointed out, Martis' K/9 was troubling and Neyer was right.
- The Mariners over the Orioles: King Felix should beat Guthrie. Wieters and Rheimold had a great game yesterday. The Fan feels an Orioles post coming.
- The Indians over the Royals: Can the Fan actually be picking Pavano to win? The Royals are stumbling badly. Trey Hillman has not been impressive as a manager.
- The Bay Rays over the Angels: Which team has a worse bullpen. It's a toss up, isn't it?
- The Braves over the Pirates: Rule #5: Jurrjens is pitching for the Braves.
- The Marlins over the Cardinals: The Cardinals are floundering and the Marlins catch them at a good time.
- The Phillies over the Mets: Cole Hamels should beat Pelfrey.
- The Yankees over the Red Sox: The law of averages shout that the Yankees have to win one game against the Red Sox this year.
- The Brewers over the Rockies: It feels weird that the Brewers are in first place. They have seemed so nondescript.
- The Cubs over the Astros: Hate to pick against Wandy Rodriguez, but he's been shaky his last two times out and Zambrano is in his image-building phase after being a real jerk for a month.
- The Rangers over the Blue Jays: Have more faith in Millwood than Romero.
- The Tigers over the White Sox: Verlander is pitching. Ozzie is going to have a heart attack at this pace.
- The Giants over the Diamondbacks: Zito over the hapless crew from Arizona.
- Oakland over Minnesota: Have little faith in Liriano at this point.
- The Dodgers over the Padres: Kershaw versus LeBlanc should be a whitewash. Get it? Whitewash, LeBlanc? Oh never mind.