It's dark here this morning. It's almost nine o'clock and it feels like eight in the evening. To use that as a metaphor, the Fan will now glance through the dark and try to find some illumination for these next fifteen picks:
- The Reds over the Pirates: Micah Owings is back. So is this Fan's interest in him.
- The Brewers over the Nationals: The Brewers have looked like the Nationals lately and vice versa.
- The Mariners over the Indians: Too bad the Indians waited this long to play this well. But the Fan likes French in this game.
- The Angels over the Blue Jays: Two rookie pitchers. When that happens, go with the better team.
- The Phillies over the Mets: Cole Hamels should beat Bats in his Pelfrey.
- The Yankees over the Red Sox: Pettitte versus Brad Penny. Tough pick to call.
- The Braves over the Marlins: Got to go with Vazquez over Sanchez, who is once again coming off the disabled list.
- The Rangers over the Bay Rays: The Rangers just seem to want it more than these current Bay Rays.
- The Astros over the Diamondbacks: Like Oswalt over Petit.
- The Royals over the Twins: Hochever has been better than Blackburn. The Twins are missing Morneau.
- The White Sox over the Orioles: Told you that the Fan was never picking Guthrie again.
- The Rockies over the Giants: Cook should shut down that anemic line up
- The Cardinals over the Padres: Like this kid, Richard, but the Cardinals are so much better as a team.
- The Tigers over the Athletics: Jackson should win this one.
- The Cubs over the Dodgers: There the Fan goes again, picking the Cubs. But they never lose when Wells is pitching.