But again, life is about perspective. As the Fan types this, there is a hummingbird at the feeder, the sun is shining and tonight is golf league night. Can't get a better day than that.
There are twelve games today, which is pretty good for a Thursday. So let's see what kind of trouble we can get into:
- The Giants over the Reds: Matt Cain is pitching against Harang, who seems to be starting to figure it out again. Tough call.
- The Tigers over the Mariners: Washburn goes against his former team, who are lefty heavy which should help him.
- The Phillies over the Diamondbacks: Blanton over Davis. Blanton is much more talented as are the Phillies.
- The Nationals over the Rockies: Really like this Mock kid. Probably too much so, but what the heck.
- The Angels over the Indians: This pick is fraught with dangers. The Indians usually love guys like Lackey but Masterson has not been very good either.
- The Red Sox over the Blue Jays: Guess it was a fantasy that the Red Sox might not make the wild card.
- The Bay Rays over the Orioles: Simply because the Bay Rays still think they have a shot. They probably don't.
- The Mets over the Braves: Johan Santana should beat Kawakami. But that word, "should," has bit deeply so often, the Fan has scars.
- The Astros over the Marlins: Ack! Two of the Fan's favorite pitchers, Wandy versus Josh Johnson. What to do??
- The Rangers over the Twins: The Twins were just playing with the Fan to let him get two right. We are back now on our regular habit of getting the Twins pick wrong.
- The Cardinals over the Padres: One of the few picks that should be a lock.
- The Cubs over the Dodgers: Oh yeah, this is a fun pick. NOT. Gorzelanny versus Jeff Weaver? Ugh.