The funny thing is, well at least funny to this writer, the rating on BallHype.com went up because the five games that did come in correctly were mostly upsets. How stupid is that?
- The Cubs over the Mets: The Mets are starting a prospect and those kinds of picks never seem to be good ideas.
- The Braves over the Phillies: The Phillies have won both of Pedro's starts, but they run up against Hanson tonight.
- The Indians over the Orioles: Surprising how closely matched these two teams are. Probably not what Mark Shapiro was looking for, eh?
- The Yankees over the White Sox: Sabathia has been great lately.
- The Bay Rays over the Tigers: Good match up of Garza versus Porcello. Like the Bay Rays talent better than Detroits'.
- The Marlins over the Padres: The Marlins are hanging tough in the wild card race. They need the wins.
- The Dodgers over the Reds: Billingsley versus Homer Bailey in a good match up of young guns.
- The Red Sox over the Blue Jays: Beckett has been a superman after a Red Sox loss.
- The Pirates over the Brewers: Zach Duke has been one of the better pitchers in baseball this year but gets no wins because of the Pirates offense. Perhaps he'll get a win tonight.
- The Rangers over the Twins: Two rookie starting pitchers. Hunter has been the better of the two.
- The Nationals over the Cardinals: The Nats' best pitcher (Lannon) versus Smoltz. This game reeks of an upset.
- The Diamondbacks over the Astros: Scherzer versus some kid named Bazardo. Bazardo? hehe
- The Angels over the Athletics: Surely Tomko can't have two good games in a row. Please don't call me Shirley.
- The Royals over the Mariners: Go Bannister, Go!
- The Rockies over the Giants: A rematch of Jiminez versus Lincecum. Jiminez won last time.