There are quite a few games on the slate for a Thursday this week and that's a good thing. And since it is "get away day," many of the games are day games. Cool! No, downright chilly.
- The Yankees over the Rangers: Nippert has been good, but it's the Yankees...
- The Marlins over the Mets: Sanchez looked good his first start back last time and Tim Redding, well, is Tim Redding.
- The Reds over the Brewers: The Reds get another Lehr report and the Brewers are starting Bush. Remember him?
- The Cardinals over the Astros: Carpenter could win the Cy Young with three or four more wins. How cool would that be after missing two years?
- The Cubs over the Nationals: Wells is the Cubs designated winner.
- The Rockies over the Dodgers: De La Rosa versus Vincente Padilla, another pitcher to give Torre some grey hair.
- The Phillies over the Pirates: Happ beats the Happless Pirates.
- The Indians over the Orioles: Laffey versus D. Hernandez. Not a pitching match up made in heaven.
- The Padres over the Braves: The White Sox should not have given up Richard and the Braves are fading.
- The White Sox over the Red Sox: Still not convinced this Tazawa is as good as he looked against the Yankees.
- The Mariners over the Royals: Fister should beat Davies in a battle of bad offensive teams.
- The Diamondbacks over the Giants: When the pitching match up is even, go with the better offensive club.
- The Athletics over the Angels: Because we need at least one upset today.