Monday features only nine games as some teams get a rest. Perhaps this little mediocre streak will get a rest too.
- The Phillies over the Mets: Cliff Lee goes to 5-0 in the NL.
- The Brewers over the Nationals: The suddenly awful Brewers should get a win here as Gallardo should beat Balester.
- The Blue Jays over the Bay Rays: Halladay should win at home versus Niemann.
- The Red Sox over the White Sox: It doesn't appear as if the Red Sox will catch the Yankees, but if they want to keep the wild card, they better get going.
- The Royals over the Indians: Going with Gil (ga) Meche over Sowers.
- The Twins over the Orioles: The Orioles spanked the White Sox yesterday, so who can figure them out. The Twins are even harder to figure out. Time to Eeney Meeney it.
- The Rockies over the Giants: The Giants lack of hitting is going to give the Rockies the wild card. Besides, Marquis is pitching.
- The Tigers over the Angels: Verlander needs to throw strikes, but if he does, he should win this one against Weaver.
- The Athletics over the Mariners: Ian Snell has to prove he can pitch again in the majors. This Fan doesn't see it happening.