And so, it was a below average night of picks but because the Fan correctly picked the Pirates, the Nationals and the Tigers, a lot of points were picked up at good old, screwy BallHype.com. At least there was a silver lining to that cloud even if it's a stupid one. Let's get to Wednesday's picks:
- The Royals over the Indians: Hochever versus Huff. This is not an inspired pick.
- The Tigers over the Angels: Jackson should beat Saunders.
- The Phillies over the Pirates: Maholm is a good pitcher but the Phillies should win. Hamels has been very ordinary though this year, so the pick isn't a comfortable one.
- The Yankees over the Rangers: This one should be fairly low scoring after last night's offensive show.
- The Bay Rays over the Blue Jays: Kazmir seems to be back to his old self while the Bay Rays are gearing to make a run at the wild card.
- The Braves over the Padres: Kawakami versus Stauffer. Consider this pick your stocking Stauffer.
- The Marlins over the Mets: Josh Johnson should have his way with the Mets in this one.
- The White Sox over the Red Sox: Wakefield is back, but the wheezers of Chicago should enjoy his slower stuff.
- The Nationals over the Cubs: Livan lives! And he's back in Washington! hehehehehehehe.
- The Brewers over the Reds: The Reds are starting Kip Wells. Oy vey.
- The Orioles over the Twins: Guthrie was good last time out. And he has probably suckered this picker again.
- The Cardinals over the Astros: Pineiro out duels Oswalt.
- The Dodgers over the Rockies: This picker is a slow learner, isn't he?
- The Mariners over the A's: Really like this French kid.
- The Diamondbacks over the Giants: Does anybody still think the Giants have a chance in the wild card? Nope.