The laughing continued with the Twins. If you caught this feature yesterday, the Fan was making fun of himself for his continued bedevilment at the hand of this team. It goes on and on each and every night and after the Fan got Pavanoed on Saturday, he got Home Run Bakered on Sunday. Add the Twins fits with the Brew Crew and a Nationals' eight game winning streak, and the Fan is slobbering all over his keyboard like some member of Red Sox Nation after this lost weekend.
Thankfully, there are only ten games on the schedule for Monday, so it is statistically impossible to go 5-10 again. Let's see what mischief is waiting for us on Monday:
- The Orioles over the A's: Guthrie is supposed to be the ace of this staff. It would be nice if he had a game like one. Many of the Orioles' young hitters might have seen Gio Gonzalez in the minors, so maybe that will help too.
- The Blue Jays over the Yankees: Will this be a Yankee let down after their big series, or will they be undone by Mitre. Either way, it feels like a loss.
- The Marlins over the Astros: Nick Johnson makes Florida better, but they still run Bonafacio out there too much. Golly, he is awful.
- The Tigers over the Red Sox: Three problems for the Red Sox here: 1) They are demoralized. 2) They have Penny starting. 3) Jackson starts for Detroit.
- The Cardinals over the Reds: Lohse should be better than Cueto, who the Fan has given up on.
- The Rockies over the Cubs: Somehow the Cubs won last time with Gorzelanny starting. It won't happen again.
- The Diamondbacks over the Mets: The D-backs are at home and since the teams and their starters are basically even, we'll go with that.
- The Bay Rays over the Angels: Garza has been good. But the Bay Rays have their chance and they are frittering it away. They need to get going.
- The Mariners over the White Sox: The Mariners are getting to be like the Twins for the Fan...a mine field.
- The Dodgers over the Giants: Going with Kuroda over Sanchez. The Dodgers better stop coasting.
That's it. Please let better days prevail!
Month: 56-68 Ugh!